Saturday, June 20, 2009

Time to Retool

Congratulations on a good spring season. We had a nice collection of PRs from many runners on the team. We will build on that success this late summer/fall. But it's now time to take a step away from the intensity for a few weeks and regroup as we start to rebuild our strength and endurance. Consider backing off the intensity and even the distance (not including marathoners) of your runs for the next two weeks. Cross-train, do plyos, lift weights etc.

The next two wednesdays we'll have workouts, but the pace will be slowed a bit as the focus turns aways from speed to endurance & stamina. On Saturdays we'll revert back to long runs.

Who else besides Becky & Sarah are doing a Fall Marathon?

3 comments:

Carlos Viramontes said...

Rich,

Hope you had a good time in Florida visiting your dad. I plan to run the Chicago Marathon this year. Now that my daughter is out of school, I should be able to attend the practices regulary. See you soon.

Carlos

Anonymous said...

I'll be doing a marathon in Logan Utah

Cathy

Anonymous said...

I have signed on for Chicago. Thats why I did the North shore 1/2 last Sunday. I should get corral C with my time. My long runs are at 14 miles now. I tried for 16 last Saturday but I'm not used to the heat yet.
Rick