Sunday, May 13, 2012

Monday night run: 5/14

Tomorrow night lets meet at Swallow Cliff...meet at 6:30 pm and park in the west side parking lot on LaGrange.

The run will the 6 mile loop...please read Rich post below.  It is some very good info on current training.  Monday night runs are suppose to be more of a steady-state run...what is a steady-state run?  This type of run  works on your overall endurance, but also holding it at a faster pace during that longer run.  These types of runs are great for 1/2 marathoner and even marathoners. I had Kim and Craig do these runs before Champ marathon and they were able to hold a 7:49 pace...:)

An example= Lets say your training for a 1/2 and your long runs of 10-15 miles are at a 8:00 min/mi pace...your steady-state run of 6-8 miles should be around 7:45-7:50 pace.  These runs are important to teach out bodies to be able to break out of that slower pace.

If anyone is interested in these runs please come out on the Monday night runs...it helps to run them with people.  If you need help in regards of how fast to run these runs just ask :)

Unfortunately tomorrow both my assistant managers are on vacation...lucky me I have to work open to close so I will not be there tomorrow.  However, Rich and I can answer any question at Wed practice or I can next Monday at practice.

Please post if you are coming tomorrow so others know who they are meeting.

See you guys Wed :)
Sarah 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be there
JerryN

Anonymous said...

I'll be there.
-rudy

Anonymous said...

I will be there
Kim C