Friday, March 04, 2005

Ready for Some Hills

Hilltoppers,
Meet tomorrow at Lincoln Way East High School - 201 Colorado Ave, Frankfort . It's on LaGrange Road about 3 miles south of I-80.

The run will start at 9:00. We will head over to Hickory Creek Woods and do some hill repeats.
The trails have been checked and they are clear of snow.


Big Hal Update
Hey it’s me! I’m at home and handling some email.
I came home Tuesday afternoon. Have almost no pain, except in my hand due to an IV that went bad! (go figure - I go in for heart surgery and come out with a bum hand) I do tend to get fatigued quickly, but that’s getting better now that I’m on regular food (not that hospital stuff).
The procedure went better than expected. My valve was saved and now I have a new Dacron ascending aorta – guaranteed to last longer than any other part in the body! I can’t say enough for Northwestern Memorial and the department they have built for Thoracic Aortic Surgery. This is now one of the top centers in the country for these procedures.
I expect to be working from home beginning next week. My home # is 219-865-1063 and my home office is 219-865-8955 if you want to reach me. You can call me on the cell but I don’t get a very good signal in my house.
Can’t drive for a month but between the computer, fax, phone and Fedex it shouldn’t be a problem. I look forward to April 1st and getting back to normal.
Thanks to all of you for your concern and prayers over these last 5 months. I know it made a difference and greatly lifted my spirits.

No comments: