Monday, February 07, 2005

Workouts Week of 2/7

Saturday's warm weather brought out a few Group 3ers that we haven't seen a while. Welcome back!

Monday - The turnouts here have been a little low but it's still an option to run with a group. When in doubt e-mail your running partners to see if they're planning to attend.

Wednesday - Meet at Tinley High School 6111 West 175th Street in the parking lot. We will run over to 1/2 mile park and do 4 halves (each one at an increasing pace). (Group 3 will do 3) These will be continuous with an active recovery. You don't want to jog super slow on your recovery - we're still working on our aerobic base. If you need to go really slow on the jog you went too fast on the interval. The world of anaerobia is coming soon. Be patient.
We'll depart the school at 6:30.

Saturday - TBA depending on the weather and condition of streets/ bike paths.

Don't forget the Channahon race is Sunday at 1:00. This is a good way to get a tempo run in.

If anyone has tried to run the trails in the forest preserve and would like to post trail conditions that would be helpful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trail conditions at 9800 Avenida Del Norte, Orland Park:
I have been walking a nice path from our living room couch to the refrigerator in the kitchen. Some days I cross-train and walk up and down the 15 stairs with baskets of dirty laundry. Today is Fat Tuesday, and I plan to celebrate tonight by having a big bowl of popcorn while I watch my General Hospital tape.
Let me know when the weather conditions improve and I will come out of hibernation. I miss all of you! Kathy C.

Anonymous said...

It's be 2/9/05. Da trails be muddy. It's like a box a "chok a lots". Everly trail is differant but "gar en tee", it'd B messy.

dask

Anonymous said...

This is Jamie... I cannot post by my name for some reason?:) I would be in for running Saturday but would any group3ers want to run earlier like 8:30ish?