Thursday, July 31, 2008

Saturday Practice August 2

Meet at 40 Acre Woods - On 119th Street, 1 block east of LaGrange Road. Meet at 8:15.

We'll do 8-10 miles. There is also a 6-1/2 mile option available.

Anyone interested in running the Shorewood Scoot 5K as a team? 8 can enter the top 4 score.
Last year the Prairie State Road Runners won with a time of 76:23 or 19:05 per 5K. They are coming back to defend their title. I think we can prevent that. The race is Saturday September 6th. The race is only $20 and the winning team gets a Loving Cup and Medals so there is an opportunity for a lot of bling. There might be a prize from Al's Beef too.
If you want to run see me at a future practice.
Race info www.provena.org/stjoes/scoot
Whoever runs on the Tinley Team has to train with us - no mercenaries.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in for the Scoot team. My PR for 5K is 20:26 (so far!), so we'll need a speedster like Dave or Chris to balance me out. . .
Steve

Anonymous said...

I can do the race, but my PR for a 5k is 22:06(so far!), hopefully I can beat everyone pushing strollers.
Jerry N

Anonymous said...

Go Jerry!!!

Anonymous said...

Steve, check this out
http://www.pumpkinchase.com/
Jerry

Anonymous said...

Jerry,
Thanks for the link to the pumpkin chase; it looks like a fun race. Unfortunately, I'd just signed up for the Plainfield Harvest Run 5K that same day. So, I'm still trying to find another half-marathon this fall. . .
Steve