Thursday, November 11, 2010

Saturday Practice 11/13

We need a good turnout this Saturday. We will have a film crew from Pittsburgh making a commercial about Artic Ease and they are going to be filming our workout.

Here are the details:

8:00 a.m start
We're just going to run 5-6 miles since many of us are racing on Sunday. There will be an option to go longer. I think Steve is doing 20 so he may want some company.
Meet at Pulaski Woods which is the parking area at the top of the grass hill by Bullfrog Lake.

Directions: Take 95th Street West past Willow Springs Rd. ( 104th Ave) . In about a mile you'll come to a "T" make a left. Head south about 3/4 of a mile to the Pulaski Woods Grove which will be on your right. Drive in as far as you can and park.

They will also be filming and interviewing us after the workout.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is anyone planning on going around 13-15 miles?

I'm thinking if Steve is going 20 miles on a looping trail then I can cut out after a few loops or until I reach about 13-15 miles. I don't believe I'm ready for 20 miles yet, but I might try to go as long as I can on Saturday.

I'm the guy thats been trying to meet and run with you guys. . . .

Anonymous said...

I just made the above post and forgot to include my email in case anyone wants to plan something for Saturday:

traintrax@mail.com

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Joe's Pond (west side of 104th Avenue south of Little Red School house by 7AM, run over to Pulaski Woods by 8, do the workout, and run back to Joe's Pond afterwards. I'll try to stick to singletrack, and there will be plenty of places to turn around or shortcut.
Steve

Anonymous said...

Okay Steve, I'll see you at 7 at Joe's Pond.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone! I look forward to future workouts.

Me and Steve continued running after the workout. He finished 20 miles strong and I hit the wall at 17.5 miles. However, I was planning for 13-15 miles, but Steve and the Skulls motiviated me this morning to finish 17.5 miles and for that I thank you very much.

See you all soon,
Brian

P.S.

I would like to order that cool Skull technical when I have earned that privilege of course.