Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sunday Practice 8/19

In a first for Tinley Track & Trail we will practice on Sunday. This is the perfect chance to change things up and maybe get a few more people to practice.

We'll meet at Waterfall Glen (park at the trailhead parking lot on Cass Avenue about 2 blocks south of I-55, the usual spot) at 8:00 a.m. It's supposed to be cooler - a welcome relief.

If someone could drop off some water & cups at Bluff Road by the Ranger station that would be great.

Marathoners will do two loops. But anyone else is welcome to join in and do a single.

Marathoner Tip - Start thinking about how you are going to fuel up for the marathon. The human body has approximately 500 grams of glycogen stored in your muscles - enough to get you about 20 miles. You'll need to add another 120-150 grams if you don't want to hit the wall during the marathon. Long runs are a good time to practice ingesting GU-packs etc. to see what your stomach can handle.

"The long run puts the tiger in the cat" - Bill Squires

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question for anyone who has had a foot injury. After this past weekend which included 14 on Saturday. I began to have pain in my right foot. It turns out that most likely either I pull or strained the muscle between my baby toe and my ankle... It feel more or less just under my foot but it hurts to the point that I haven't ran since Sunday. I have been stretching and icing it... any other suggestions or do I just have to wait it out?

Thanks,

Anonymous said...

Who has the foot pain.


Rich

Anonymous said...

probably best to leave my name... it's Ricky

Anonymous said...

Does it sound like this?

http://www.drpribut.com/sports/heelhtm.html

Rich

Anonymous said...

That is talking about my heel and such but it's more or less the muscle there which probably is related somehow. My heel is fine but it's the muscle but it sounds like I did something like they are talking I guess

Anonymous said...

A friend at work said she has the same problem and was told she pulled her tendon... not sure if that means the same as Plantar Fasciitis

Anonymous said...

Ice & rest
Put your entire foot in a buket of ice water - up to 10 mintutes.

Also try massaging with a frozen up of ice.
ice 4 times /day.

Do not over stretch it may irritate more.

Take some anti-inflammatories - like ibuforen.

Start back up slowly.

Rich

Anonymous said...

Could be a bone bruise? Back off on mileage, ice whenever possible and run on EVEN surface to avoid rolling on the area. good luck