Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nice Workout

Kudos to all those that braved the wind chill this morning and covered 12 miles and plenty of hills.

Also since I've been extra busy at work the past 8 weeks, I haven't had time to welcome the many new runners that ran with our club so far this year.

Cathy
Allie
Sarah
Craig
Colleen
Gretchen
Becky
Kim
Ted
Jeff
Carol
Sarah's Dad

It's also good to see some faces from last year. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.
Keep coming out and tell your friends. We guarantee you'll keep getting faster.

See you at L-W East on Wed. Please bring $3/person we want to give the building supervisor a giftcard for Buffalo Wild Wings since they've been so accomodating.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I showed up too but I missed you at the start. I was about 1/2 mile behind you but lost you at about 3 miles out so I turned around. Guess I'm the new Kevin (three minutes late). I saw Mike B. there too.
Rick M

Anonymous said...

Sorry. We didn't wait around too long it was cold.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick and Mike, they didn't wait for me either.......and I was there in the spirit form. Nice run everyone.
J.R.

Anonymous said...

NAME THAT BABY

It is March and a Stork has been sighted just over Newfoundland headed Southwest carrying a hefty package.

So in the spirit of infinite Skulldom, it is in our nature as well as our profound duty, to assist Carrie & Brian with the naming of their baby.

So in that regard, I shall start it off:
Achilles, the greatest warrior of Homer's lliad, would be a good tough name, providing celestial protection to the child, from every variety of tendon injury.

Anonymous said...

NAME THAT BABY

My vote is Phidippides, after the original Marathon runner from the Greco-Persian war of 490 BC. According to one source, his time for the 26-mile run was about three hours, which I think is about the new mom's PR for the same distance.
Steve

Anonymous said...

Here are two good girl names:

Anaerobic - ana for short

or VDot which is scientific shorthand for V02 max or dot for short.

Rich

Anonymous said...

Listen here Miller!

I resemble that remark.

Irish...AARP Runners

PS How did the Wacky 5K go?

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know of any 5k races, other than St. Paddy's Day 5k, held on a weekend before the Shamrock?
J.R.