Sunday, May 20, 2007

Practice Wednesday 5/23 Are you getting faster?

Meet at Tinley Park High School Track (175th & 2 blocks east of Ridgeland)
You should be warmed up and ready to go at 6:40.

Every day in Tinley a lion wakes up and has to outrun an antelope in order to eat. Every day in Tinley an antelope wakes up and has to outrun a lion in order to survive. So whichever you may be, you best wake up every Wednesday and do your speedwork......

Everyone welcome including new runners.

Joel - send me an e-mail.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived in Tinley for 5 years and never saw no lions OR antelopes. What are you smoking..and can I have some?

Brian said...

Rich ate some of those mushrooms that are in the field behind the track. Not only do you see lions, but they are purple.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about the lion or the antelope, but I certainly feel like a tortoise.

Anonymous said...

"Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must move faster than the lion or it will not survive. Every morning a lion wakes
up and it knows it must move faster than the slowest gazelle or it will
starve. It doesn't matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be moving." -- Maurice Greene
(attributed to Roger Bannister shortly after running the first sub-4 mile)

Anonymous said...

For those who don't like antelope, I arranged a deal for Durbins to be one of our sponcers. The Pizza Deal is back. $7 for all the Pizza u can eat at Durbins. We pay for our drinks & tip. Lori will be our waitress in the beer garden. She works every Wed. & knows the deal. I won't be at speed tonight, call if anyone is going to Durbins.
Fuzzy 708-362-1905

Anonymous said...

Lions & Tigers & Bears oh my! I just don't like running with a bear behind...

Anonymous said...

Can you help me become a cheetah?

Anonymous said...

Run a race without paying.

Anonymous said...

Pay for not running with a race.