Thursday, March 16, 2006

Saturday March 18th Practice

What better way to shake off those St. Patrick's Day hangovers then to do some tempo at 9:00 Saturday Morning.

We're going to meet at Mike Sommer's house in Frankfort. He's not too far from L-W East. Here are directions from LaGrange.

Take LaGrange Rte 45 South to Route 30. Turn Right on Route 30 (W) go to Elsner Road the first stoplight. Turn left of (S). Take that about 1/2 mile south to Brook Side Lane. Turn Left on Brook Side Lane go to the end of the cul-de-sac and look for the ridicously big red truck. 621 Brook Side Lane. Mike's number is 708-373-2973.

There will be a special SKULL award for those who make it out Friday night and Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lads & Lassies, racing committments keep me from engaging in what should be a very nice venue for a jog. Notwithstanding, here is a little St. Patrick's tale I heard at my neighborhood pub today.

An old Irish priest from Donegal named Father McMurray went into a local pub called Gallagher's, one St.Patrick's day. He gazed around the pub and saw a familiar face from his congregation. It was O'Schuester, who was a very fine marathoner, that he hadn't seen in awhile.
You lad, do you want to go to heaven, the old priest shouted? Yes Father, I would like that very much, O'Schuester, replied instantly. Then go over there and stand in that corner, stated Father McMurray.

Next he looked around Gallagher's and eyed a heavy set man, a famed local walker from his parish, called Neuman. Neuman me boy, do you want to go to heaven with me, my son? Yes Father I do, very much so, quickly responded Neuman. Then go over there and stand in the corner next to O'Schuester.

Finally, the old priest gazed around the room and spotted a young man guzzling a pint of Guinness looking away from him. You there, said the old priest, what is your name?

Shamus MacTula replied the stranger, respectfully. Where are you from and what business brings you here. I am from County Cork your holiness, and I am here to lay stone for the fence around ole St. Patrick's Church.
Why that be my church lad, said the parish priest. Now come along, set down your pint, I have a question for you. Yes Father.
Shamus MacTula you seem like an eager lad, do you want to go to heaven with me?

MacTula looked at the old priest for a moment hesitated,squirmed in his chair and seemed unsure of how to reply. Finally, he emphatically, stated, no father-bishop I do not. I really don't want to go to heaven with you your greatness.

What, gasped Father McMurray shocked that any good Irish lad would not jump at the chance to go to heaven. Why don't you want to go to heaven?

Because I know you are taking those other two fellows there right now, and I am not ready to leave for heaven.

Run to Glory.